Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Improving Self Confidence

It's still in the process, but I know it's slowly improving.

What's up guys? How's everyone doing? I hope everyone's doing well. Been wanting to write this post for a couple of days now but didn't get to it because I've been busy sewing. And when I have the free time, I'd rather just chill or I just didn't feel like blogging at all. I wouldn't force myself to blog if I don't feel like it because I know it's not going to turn out nice and full like how I imagine it to be.

So yeah, today's post is going to be about confidence. In my previous post, I talked about depression and how I'm lacking in self-confidence etc. So for the past two weeks or so, I tried to do something more or different hoping to improve my mood and to gain self-appreciation again.

It's nothing so much of a difference really but I've put more effort in doing my makeup, believe it or not. Because I spend my day at home ninety percent of the time, there's no need for me to put any makeup on. I'm not going anywhere, no one's going to see me so why bother you know? And when I do go out for just dinner or something, all I put on my face is a moisturizer, some face powder and lip balm. Like I can't be bothered to put on a full face makeup for a short outing.

Not only that, the weather's here has been pretty hot and humid it's insane. Sometimes, I don't bother putting anything on my face I kid you not. If I really need to, like I'm going out during the day and it's hot like crazy. All I'd do is put some SPF and lip balm. At this stage, I can't be bothered to think what others think about me or my face because dude, it's like 100 degrees outside and I'm not going to spend fifteen minutes putting on makeup, and let it melt in the heat. My face is just going to look cakey, oily and smudged. It doesn't help that I sweat a lot and have an oily face. And don't get me started on oxidation. Holy macaroni..no thank you.

But despite all of this (rant), I try to put on makeup when I feel like, "Yeah I can tolerate this heat, it's not as bad," or "Oh we're going to an air-conditioned place, putting some makeup on should be fine,". I try, you know. Because feeling confident is important. I know you've heard this gazillions but it is true. And putting some makeup on helps. Now don't get me wrong, makeup doesn't define beauty. I know someone who barely wears any makeup, maybe just some eyeliner and lip balm. And she doesn't have the prettiest face but she has the best heart. She always smiles and her smiles always look genuine. She's also friendly and very kind-hearted. This kind of person is the best. I would rather be friends with this kind of person than being friends with people who have pretty faces (with or without makeup) but have an absolutely crappy attitude. Like dude, stay away.

Point is, putting some makeup on helps. I never realized it but it gives time to myself to get ready. It's what people call the 'me' time. Just putting some makeup on for fifteen minutes gives me some 'me' time to look nice, presentable and feel good. Just feeling good about yourself really. If it means putting on a whole load of makeup on your face makes you feel good, then do it. If it means putting on some mascara and lipstick makes you feel good, then do it. DO WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD. But remember, makeup is not everything. It is temporary. So please don't go out and start feeling so full of yourself. Because that my friend, is pathetic.

But it did help me. I just felt a little better about myself. I forgot about depression for a while and made me think less about how I look because I had makeup on. It's like a temporary distraction you know. So for example if you're going to a job interview, all you have to focus on is presenting yourself to being a viable employee. You don't have to worry about what the interviewers are going to think about your appearance or stare at that huge pimple on your face that's about to pop out. I mean sometimes makeup can't cover everything, but having something on to just filter it a bit helps. This of course differs depending on the situation. Like if you're going to an interview that's all about beauty and cosmetics etc., then I guess you really have to make sure that your face or appearance suits the job position that you're applying for.

Now I'm giving going-for-interviews tips? Uhh, I talk too much. But yeah, you guys got the gist of it. I know there are many other ways to improve your self-confidence but this was just me sharing what helped me a bit and maybe can help some of you gals too.

Talk soon guys.

Ayu

No comments:

Post a Comment